Here is step-by-step guide for people, who want to apply for a right-of-occupancy housing via HELAS.
Right-of-occupancy queue number
- First you need a right-of-occupancy queue number to be able to apply for an apartment within Helas. You can apply for a queue number through an electronic service. Your online bank access codes will be required as authentication. Applicants can use the service to view their existing right-of-occupancy queue number(s) and/or apply for a new queue number. Users receive notification of any events in the transaction folder at the e-mail address they have submitted. The eService also includes contact information for developers.
- You can also submit queue number application without using your online bank access codes. In that case, however, information on the progress of the application is not shown. During the checking of the personal identity code, a message will be displayed on the info screen about available sequential numbers retrieved earlier.The queue number will be sent to your e-mail.
- The joint application area of Helsinki region (Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Hyvinkää, Järvenpää, Kerava, Kirkkonummi, Nurmijärvi, Mäntsälä, Sipoo, Tuusula, Vihti) casts lots for queue numbers once a week. Applicants will receive a number within two weeks. For more information, please contact the housing secretaries of city of Helsinki at 9am–3pm, tel. (09) 310 13032.
Filling and sending the application form
- Then you need to send an application form to the HELAS manager. You can find the application form here as a WORD or a PDF file (both in Finnish only).
- Fill in the form carefully (only partially filled forms will be deleted) and mail it to Ovenia Isännöinti Oy, Ratamestarinkatu 7 A, 00520 Helsinki (you can write above the address the text ”Asuntohakemus / Helas”) or with e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waiting, waiting… and then
- When an apartment according to your interest becomes available, you will be contacted (be sure that your contact information is up-to-date). If you accept the offer, you are in the next phase, selecting of the next resident. If there are more than one applicant, the one with the smallest queue number will be selected. This solution must then be confirmed by the city where the apartment is located (Espoo, Helsinki, Vantaa or Vihti). The final act is the signing of the agreement. All this will be taken care of by the manager at Ovenia Isännöinti Oy.
If you don’t need a HELAS apartment anymore
- If your need for an apartment vanishes, please contact the Ovenia manager email@example.com.